Date and Place of Birth – Israel, 1971
Address and Telephone – Kfar Saba, Israel, +972-52-855-161
E-Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
2012 – Ph.D. in Psychology – Haifa University, Israel
Dissertation: in the field of Applied Behavioral Analysis: Treatment of Self Stimulatory Behaviors in Children with Autism
Advisors: Prof. Barry Berger, Prof. Amos Rolider, BCBA-D
2000-2001 – Courses in Behavior Modification – University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Prof. Ivar Lovaas
- Behavior Modification.
- Fieldwork in Behavior Modification.
- Advanced Fieldwork in Behavior Modification.
- Practicum: Design and Implementation of Behavioral Interventions.
1996-1998 – M.A. in Developmental Psychology – Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel (with honors)
Thesis: Comparison of Parental Reports and Clinical Diagnosis in Children with Autism
Advisors: Dr. Cory Shulman, Prof. Charles Greenbaum
1992-1996 – B.A. in Psychology and Sociology – University of Haifa, Israel
2001-Present – Director of Lovaas Israel Site
- Designing, implementing and monitoring behavior analysis programs for children with Autism, PDD and Developmental delays.
- Supervision of teams implementing direct one-to-one behavior analysis programs.
- Guiding supervisors for ABA home programs and for ABA schools’ and kindergartens’ programs.
- Running a replication research of Lovaas’ behavioral intervention for young children with autism as a part of the UCLA Multi-Site Young Autism Project.
- Lectures and workshops in Lovaas Israel Site regarding clinical issues in Applied Behavioral Analysis for children with Autism and PDD.
- Lectures and workshops in child development centers and for educational psychologists in Israel regarding Applied Behavioral Analysis for children with Autism and PDD.
Teaching Experience – 2012-Present
- Kinneret College – M.A. ABA Program, under Prof. Amos Rolider – Practical Course of ABA for Children with Autism and Developmental Delays.
- Field Guidance as part of Practicum in ABA for Children with Autism and Developmental Delays for many students in ABA University and Colleges ABA programs.
- Tel Aviv University – under Dr. Shiri Ayvazo, BCBA-D – Program Director – Practical Course of ABA for Children with Autism and Developmental Delays.
- Wingate College – under Dr. Eitan Eldar, BCBA-D – Program Director – Practical Courses of ABA for Children with Autism and Developmental Delays.
2000-2001 – Internship at Lovaas Institute for Early Intervention (LIFE) Training as a Site Director for the Multi-site Young Autism Project
- Implementation of direct one-to-one behavioral intervention.
- Leading a behavioral intervention team.
- Individual weekly meetings with Dr. Jodie Deming (BCBA) regarding designing behavioral intervention programs.
- Weekly staff meetings and trainings.
- Training in conducting assessments.
1998-2000 – Supervisor of ABA Home Programs of Young Children with Autism
- Designing, implementing and monitoring Behavior Analysis Programs for children with Autism.
- Supervision of teams implementing direct one-to-one Behavior Analysis Programs.
- Under supervision of Dr. Cory Shulman from the Hebrew University.
1998-2000 – Educational Psychologist
Psychologist of kindergartens for children with Autism spectrum and of regular public service kindergartens.
1996-2000 – Research Assistant
Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel for Prof. Nurit Yirmiya, Dr. Cory Shulman, Dr. Jacob Burack.
- Shulman, C., Tidhar, S. & Bukai, O. (2000). Diagnosis and Assessment of Young Children with Autism. Presentation at SRCD, Minneapolis, MN.
- Shulman, C. Bukai, O., & Tidhar, S. (2001). Communicative Intent in Autism. In E. Schopler, N. Yirmiya, C. Shulman, & L. Marcus (Eds.). The Research Basis for Autism Intervention, pp. 117-133. NY: Plenum Press.
- Yirmiya, N., Pilovsky, T., Tidhar, S., Nemanov, L., Altmark, L. & Epstein, R. (2002). Family-Based and Population Study of a Functional Promoter-Region Monoamine Oxidase A Polymorphism in Autism: Possible Association with IQ. American Journal of Medical Genetics (Neuropsychiatric Genetics). 114, 284-287.